Announcing the 30/50/70 Campaign
The Takilma Community Building Expansion’s
30/50/70 Campaign (Apr 22-June 30)
(or 30 Ways to Help Us Raise $50K in ~ 70 Days)
We have reached a critical point in fundraising for the Takilma Community Building. We’re still approx $75,000 short of our goal. The good news is that we have a lead on a few large-ish donations we can maybe expect soon. But that still leaves a solid $50,000 or more, and if we don’t have it soon, the expansion will not be finished in time for the next school year. Worse, we will owe a penalty to the contractor. The community’s support is essential at this time. But we don’t want to keep asking for donations without giving something back. And so, we are launching our 30/50/70 campaign, with 30 ways for you to give and get something in return.
ALL of these will benefit the community building expansion. (Click here to download the PDF with a handy checklist, or click here to learn more about the need for the expansion.) Thank you so much for your support!!
Rock out on Earth Day, Saturday, April 22. We’ll kick off our fundraising blitz at this great event. Free from 4-6pm, but when the headliners go on, your admission supports the TCB.
Take something home . At the aforementioned Earth Day event, we’re having a silent auction. Why not bid on a unique piece of art, a gift certificate, or more? NOTE: Items 1 and 2 raised more than $850 for the building expansion. Thank you–we’re on our way.
3. Get flower power. Why trek to GP when you can get bulbs delivered right to you and support the building expansion at the same time. Spring bulbs available until May 1, then Fall bulbs available. Order via the link at domeschool.org/bulbs NOTE: As of 4/24, we’re raised $228 through this fundraiser
4. Cover your head. Perhaps you’ve seen people sporting those cool ‘Takilma’ and ‘Dome School’ trucker caps (and how about the ones with just dragonflies!). Get yours at the Dome School office or Barter Faire (or on Earth Day!).
5. Enjoy local theater. The 7th IV Whirlwind Play Fest is happening on May 20 at 6pm. For this special performance, which will happen at Frog Farm following the Skill Share, the Whirlwind PlayFest people will put any donations toward the TCB expansion. (Thanks, Kaci!)
6. Try to win BIG. Our BIG Raffle is limited to 100 tickets, available at $50 each. Grand prize is $2000 with five $100 winners. Winners announced June 24 at Barter Faire. Full info: domeschool.org/bigraffle
7. Get the Takilma Common Ground Anthology combining the first 25 issues. $10 from each $20 purchase goes to the TCB. Available at the school/TCB office during school hours (M-F 9am-3pm). (Thanks, Alan and Rachel!)
8. Get more Takilma Common Ground. Volume 2, combining the second 25 issues, will be here in June. 100+ pages bigger than Volume 1, it will cost slightly more at $22. But pre-pay now and save $2 (Thanks, Rachel and Alan!)
9. Unload your bottles and cans. Bottle deposit are now 10 cents. Let us take them off your hands, and turn them into $ for the TCB. Through April, May, and June. Drop off at school (near wood pile).
10. Eat peanuts. Visit the Galloping Goose booth Friday nights at the CJ Farmers Market. They are raising funds for our expansion with sales of fresh roasted peanuts. (Thanks, Steph!)
11. Eat Blueberries. Ida’s Blueberries, that is. Check out facebook.com/idasblueberries for more info and to get early notification of sales. (Thanks, Ida!)
12. Doodle. Through July, Left Fork Books is donating profits from sales of The Doodle, Design, & Draw Book for Illinois Valley Kids of All Ages. The $7 book is available at select IV locales, including the Southern Oregon Guild and the Dome School office. (Thanks, Ryan!)
13. Smile! The Amazon Smile program gives an extra bonus while you shop Amazon. Start at smile.amazon.com and enter Dome School as your chosen charity. Similarly, you can connect your Fred Meyer card online, so we get a bonus when you shop (and these do not take away from your own rewards–it’s a bonus that you can support us!).
14. Reduce and Recycle. We’re collecting old printer cartridges, cell phones, tablets, and laptops, which we can turn into funding. Bring them by the school office anytime.
15. Honor a loved one. By having a room in our addition named in their honor. Gather friends and family and bundle your contributions together.
16. Help secure land for the community. The Takilma Community Association is negotiating to purchase adjacent land. You can donate to the TCA, to help purchase this land and ensure it is remains in its natural state (and if the sale goes through, the seller plans to donate proceeds to the TCB expansion!)
17. Enjoy Barter Faire. We’ll have a booth with assorted goodies. So come on out June 23-24-25 to help us celebrate the 15th Hope Mountain Barter Faire.
18. Rent the building. Want to rent the building sometime down the road? Pay ahead and get a discount. We get funds now when we need it; you save money on your rental down the road. Contact Jenn at 592-3911 to discuss.
19. Drink the Lemonade. This is not before our goal of June 30, but we know we’ll still need to be raising money through the summer. So head to Out N’ About for the Turning Moon Fest on August 4 and check out our planned smoothie and lemonade booth.
Yes, that’s only 19 so far. We’ll be adding more over the next 2 months, so please check back periodically. Thank you!